About every other week this summer my roommates and I will get together to watch the Beyoncé Experience. One of my roommates in particular is a HUGE fan. He was even able to go see her Sasha Fierce tour in Chicago 2 weeks ago!!! (So jel).
Anyway, I thought I would share with you some of the reasons why I love Beyoncé.
1. Her amazing VOICE. Seriously, she does her concerts LIVE…like actually sings. Whodathunkit?
2. Her DANCING. You all know you’ve seen the Single Ladies dance a hundred different times from various performers on YouTube. Clearly there is power in the art of rhythmical movement. Here’s one of my faves that went slightly wrong. (Note to self: NEVER wear a mask and dance at the same time!!!)
3. She can ACT too. B is actually a GOOD singer gone actress…not a Mariah Carey.
4. Her smokin hot bod!!! Come on, who else could work that ass?
5. Patting the WEAVE. This is by far my fave. I love this dance from the Beyoncé Experience DVD. All my roomies know this dance…and we like to work it!
6. She’s a southern girl. Beyoncé, for those of you who didn’t know, is from my home state of TX!!!
7. She loves her family. Ok, seriously, she is always pimpin her momma’s House of Dereon.
8. She is married to Jay-Z. Nuf said.
9. No tabloids. Can you tell me one time that you have heard of Beyoncé being involved in some kind of scandal?…Didn’t think so.
10. She’s DIVA. Everyone loves a good diva, and everyone wants to be a diva. (Nah nah a DIVA is a female version of a hustla -of a of a- hustla -of a of a- hustla!)
I’m just gonna say it…Beyoncé is the greatest female performer of our generation. And if my list didn’t give you enough reasons why, check out this video below!
peace & love -B